Yesterday on YouTube, I posted a video of a new developer workflow coming in Model-Glue 3 called "Event Generation." When in developer mode, hitting a nonexistent event-handler can be configured to generate a conventions-based Controller, listener function, controller, and view. Basically, typing "index.cfm?event=order.list" gives you the following:
- An OrderController will be generated if it doesn't exist
- A listener function named "list" will be created in OrderController
- A message-listener subscribing OrderController.list() to "order.list" will be generated, along with a controller tag if one does not exist.
- A view in /order/list.cfm will be created.
- An event-handler tag wiring all of this together is created in the XML file of your choice, defaulting to your main ModelGlue.xml