This post will serve to update the membership on the doings and transpiring of the Model-Glue team.
Staff ChangesDan Skaggs and Dennis Clark have joined to Model-Glue development team. Both guys have already made contributions to the framework and will be an important part of our upcoming releases.
Trac and Bug Clean upEzra Parker and Dennis Clark have been working very hard to get the Trac site up to date and reconfigured for better release management. Dennis has brought some really timely and good ideas to the table which will help us stay organized.
DocumentationWe've worked pretty hard adding and filling out the Model-Glue Frequently Asked Questions. If you have a question or an answer that belongs here, let us know by either starting the question, and adding the answer if you know it (preferred), or sending it to the mailing list (less preferred but still appreciated)
TrainingWe've also worked pretty hard to get out a new training series to help with more advanced Model Glue topics. You can begin the self-led training series at your convenience
Instructor Led TrainingIn conjunction with CF.Objective(), the Model-Glue team is offering Rapid Development with Model-Glue 3 a full 2 days of hands on Model-Glue training. Classes are on April 20 - 21 in Minneapolis, MN. We'll accept the first 20 registrations, price: $800 for Early Rate, $900 Regular Rate. Register here or email the list if you have questions.
Upcoming 3.1.5 Maintenance ReleaseWe've gotten a very good start on the 3.1.5 maintenance release. Here is a list of tickets that have been closed and are currently available in SVN:
Closed on 1/16/2010:
- Ticket #292 (Ability to set default permission for the file generated by Model-Glue)
- Ticket #340 (Bind URL and event.linkto(), SES)
Closed on 1/15/2010:
- Ticket #313 (Simple enhancement: create a beanmaker that logs what it finds)
- Ticket #90 (bug slips by CF, breaks on BD)
- Ticket #270 (An implementation of the =,:,| operators across the board)
- Ticket #284 (You should have)
- Ticket #283 (Typo)
- Ticket #304 (/include/value[@overwrite] does not default to true)
- Ticket #303 (/include/value[@overwrite] does not default to true)
- Ticket #308 (A request to the framework times out.)
- Ticket #309 (Scaffolding Error)
- Ticket #312 (ollectionBeanPopulator.cfc erroneously checked for the existance of the ...)
- Ticket #311 (addResult doesn't forward)
- Ticket #361 (buster example needs mapping to run from examples directory)
- Ticket #374 (scaffold add id field to form hidden item generation)
- Ticket #372 (scaffold Display generation, is extra </div> tag at end of page)
- Ticket #371 (Rendering of Scaffold Edit is not nesting table within form or visa-versa)
- Ticket #362 (Depreciated viewstate call in default app template)
- Ticket #351 (Error with SES URLs after upgrade to RC)
- Ticket #375 (Include support for adding helper mappings via ModelGlue.xml)
Closed on 1/14/2010:
- Ticket #354 (Obsolete ORM Config Instructions in Coldspring.xml)
- Ticket #342 (applicationtemplate build.properties has incorrect path)
- Ticket #350 (Disable Model-Glue debug information for certain events)
- Ticket #378 (Disable trace logging when the debug config setting is "none")
- Ticket #317 (Trac server time is fast by 7ish hours)
- Ticket #307 (ModelGlue.Core.Controller.RemoveFromCache should return void (patch ...)
Below is a list of tickets we are probably going to close before the 3.1.5 release. If you want to express your interest in us closing a particular ticket, send us an email on the list.
- Ticket #314 Error when using a xml custom event type not defined
- Ticket #379 Out-of-date information in readme.txt
- Ticket #315 Transfer Scaffolding inserts "wrong" ID name for related items component1
- Ticket #322 Controller cache API is missing
- Ticket #295 Transfer scaffolding - problem with composed objects with aliased properties
- Ticket #355 Defining handler for predefined event overwrites builtin handler
- Ticket #358 Pre-Bootstrap Validator
- Ticket #364 no return value 'event' present in RemotingService.cfc->executeEvent()
- Ticket #365 OnRequestStart not broadcast when RemotingService->executeEvent() is called.
- Ticket #366 Model-Glue config file builder smarter
- Ticket #368 Errors during MG setup can 'ruin' an application
- Ticket #373 event-handler types given format attribute
- Ticket #376 generatedViewMapping setting not being appended to viewMappings
- Ticket #262 Add ability to detect infinite loop in modelglue.xml event handlers
- Ticket #340 Bind URL and event.linkto(), SES
If you know of a bug with Model-Glue 3.1 and want us to work on it, Submit a new ticket! Even if you've already reported it on the mailing list, please make sure there is a ticket in the system so we can prioritize it and schedule the fix.